- My family comes first. Not that they weren't ever my first priority, but I could do more with them and less elsewhere.
- It became easier than I expected to stop working, which wasn't entirely my decision to make (and this is why).
- Good grades in school are attainable in most other programs besides nursing at the college, so why invest the time when it doesn't pay off? and ultimately it doesn't matter.
- It's important for houses to be clean, but spotless isn't worth losing sleep over.
- Down time is essential, and doing hobbies and completing projects doesn't count. I'll admit, Ryley had to help me differentiate, (and my relationship with books (not textbooks) is better than ever. and popcorn too.)
I was approached by Harmoni shortly after the semester began to see if I'd like to play basketball again.
I hadn't remembered this commitment over the holidays, so I had to think about this with my revised approach. After some deliberating, I came to the conclusion that even though I'm busy and stressed, I needed to do something for myself. And realistically, exercise is one of the best ways to combat stress. Yes it would mean another obligation and schedule coordination, but it was a small amount of time that would have many benefits.
So as I have already introduced Harmoni, to the blog, there are 6 other guys who play on the team that I have had the opportunity to get to know a little bit over the past two semesters. Granted I would probably be able to know them better if I took them up on the opportunity to join them for drinks after our playoff games, but most days I had been up at 5 am for clinical, so all that I could think about was going to bed.
We were never the best team on the roster, but we did win consolation which was a great way to end the tournament. I don't think our team will be rejoining again in the fall as a good portion of the guys graduated this year. But hopefully I can join a different group or assemble another team since I'll finally be at the University. I've heard good things about it, and I couldn't be happier to be finished at the college.
|After many many days of waiting for a copy of the team picture, I give up. This is the best I could come up with. |
Not great, I know.
First time to the blog? Click here to read more about our endeavor.