Saturday 10 March 2012

The Great Debate

We're only about three months in to our little project here and we are already starting to run out of things to do. That's why it's really great that some of our friends have felt pity for us and started to help us find things to do.

Someone who is especially keen on helping us keep our heads above water is Lacey and Aaron (Erin when he's being a little girl). So far they've thrown several ideas at us and planned several of our nights. This is good, because it means Trish doesn't have to divorce me when I turn into a burnt out pile of ragged goo. 

Lacey and Aaron planned a night of debating. Yup. That was the goal. The night before, we all watched the same documentary on vaccinations. Each of us was allowed to research any supplemental material that we wanted, and we all met for supper at Lacey's, with the express purpose of arguing all evening.

Jeff and Chelsie were our bogees that night. Chelsie is the sister of Aaron, and Jeff is the older brother of one of my best friends growing up. Of course Jeff didn't remember me, as he's several years older, and I was just some annoying brat that came to his house on Saturdays. 

As usual, Lacey supplied an amazing meal for us to fatten ourselves up on. I think that she thought that if she stuffed enough food into us we wouldn't have the energy to throw any punches when the debate got heated. It worked. 

I won't get into the particulars of the debate, but it was one of the most interesting nights I've had in awhile. Going in, we'd never met Chelsie or Jeff (I'd been at his house alot, but like I said, older brother to my friend. We were ignored). I've never gotten to know somebody by arguing with them, and I was worried it wouldn't go over all that well. 

We had a great time. Part of the reason was the amazingly good enchiladas that Lacey provided, but it was also a great way to break the ice with people you don't know. We plan on getting to know Jeff and Chelsie better, since they've recently moved to town. 

I fully plan on making this a regular thing.  


You can tell by the faces on people whether or not they won or lost the debate. In case you can't tell, I'll provide
the answers below...



First time to the blog? Click here to read more about our endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment