Tuesday 24 January 2012

See ALL The Bens!

I grew up less than 10 seconds away from Ben.

Meaning that if I called him and said that I was headed over, I could be at his front door in less than 10 seconds.

Now we live about 5 mins away from each other, but if you factor in that Lethbridge is about 1,000,000,000 times bigger than Cardston (where we grew up) then it's comparatively the same distance.

However, now I make the trip far less often.

This here is exactly why we decided to do this project this year. So I live right close by one of my best friends that I've had since childhood, but I see him roughly once every 2 years. Rather silly I think.

We finally made the trek over on Monday, and once again we are left wondering why we take so long to do this kind of thing. What is wrong with us? What is actually stopping us from spending time with people? I think back over the last 2 years, and although I can't recall anything specific that I did when I could've been getting in touch with people like Ben, I know I spent plenty of time watching movies, aimlessly plunking around the internet, or playing games. How is it that I never managed to find even 1 hour to head over and keep in touch with a friend?

Had a fun time, as Ben's son McKye taught Grayson how to do some Kinect Boxing on the Xbox. Grayson now knows that if he gets into a fight, he just has to jump up and down and do rapid jazz hands, and he'll likely TKO his opponent. I'll have some explaining to do after his first schoolyard fight.

Ben fed us 2 desserts, popcorn backed up with ice cream, but we didn't manage to ingest the ice cream. We've basically been doing dessert every night since we started this.



It was good to finally get off my duff and see an old friend. I've got plenty more that I need to go see, some of which I've waited to long to call that I feel pretty apprehensive about doing so. What a weird person I am. Scared of my own friends.

Also, interestingly enough, if it wasn't for Ben, I likely wouldn't have met my wife Trish (though that's a story for another day). So for that and years of great laughs, thanks to you Ben.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the worst at keeping in touch with long lost friends. You've inspired me. . . to keep watching you get back in touch with people.

    ReplyDelete