Monday 30 January 2012

Your Help Needed.

I bet you're wondering why I didn't use ALL in the title. I'm done with that. It's time to move on to bigger and better titles.

It's on the conclusion of a fantastic weekend in Canmore that I am left thinking about my tactics in getting to know people. Thus far a large portion of the people we have spent time with have been on the platform of boardgames. This is all well and good, but it is a little selfish of me. I'm expecting people to come and join me in one of my interests. This must change. Along with the titles.

And so after 1 month of getting to know people we are going to try and branch out a little. Instead of constantly having people over to do what we normally do, we`re going to go out of our comfort zone a little. We want to come and do what you want to do. We`d like to tag along with you. Pretty much everyone has something that they do that is interesting. We want to do that too.

Most people who read things like this will disregard the next sentence, as if it wasn`t meant for them, I want to be clear in saying that it is meant for you. Get in touch with me, and let`s do something together. We`ll tag along almost anywhere. We don`t care what it is, we just want to come along with you and get to know you in the process.

Don`t think you are too old. Don`t think you are too young. Don`t think you are too dumb (your not). Don`t think you are too smart (your not). Don`t think you don`t know us well enough to do something together, because that`s kind of the point. Don`t say that you`ll do it later, get in touch now. Drop me a line on facebook right now. Or send me an email at RyleyTolman@gmail.com. We`ll hammer out the details later. We can go skydiving. We can watch your favorite movie. We can do improv. We can cook or paint our toenails or whatever. We`re open to everything here.

After this great weekend we now have many more friends than we thought we`d have going in. All of the people we met up here have been great, and our lives are better for knowing them. I thought about singling someone out from the Canmore gaming weekend of retreatedness, but we simply met too many cool people. Pete, Bill(y), Nathalie, and Jordan to name a few, but I simply do not have the space to go into depth on each of these great people. Sufficeth to say, it was great.

p.s. If you haven`t sent me a line to do something together yet, do it now. Figure out what makes you unique and let`s do it.

I`m going to end off with some of the various pics of Canmore.

Trish getting her Qwirkle on. We now own it. Come play.

Jim Drinkle throwing down a bomb in Tichu. Tracy, Ben, and Greg pretend that this wasn`t a staged photo.

Hawaii, yet to get it`s engrish rerease. 

Close up of Dungeon Petz. Meh...

Intense Puerto Rico play. I got my money on number 91.



1 comment:

  1. I don't know you but think we know some of the same people. I was passed a link to your blog as someone I know was amused by your efforts.

    Hope your year turns out grand. If your ever interested in visiting us out on www.thesimplefarm.com we'd love to meet you in person. Glenwood is a short drive from Lethbridge.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete